A word about toys. Ronan desires everything that he can't have. I'm sure if he could speak he'd tell us that his most cherished items are the things out of reach! The problem is not so much that we don't want him to PLAY with ordinary objects. We just don't want him to EAT them. Since he's such an oral baby (nothing touches his fingers and escapes his mouth), it's tough work keeping sharp or dirty things away from him. I'm getting a glimpse into his toddlerhood. I see clever and persistent manoevers... insatiable curiosity... intense likes and dislikes... a little man in motion!
At this time (8 mos), Ronan's favorite toys are:
1) Lotion bottles. Especially the Eucerin one with sharp edges that Mommy and Daddy never let him play with...
2) Cell phones... and cell phone antennae
3) TV remote. This one is funny b/c we never use our TV. How did he learn to desire it??
4) Anything paper or plastic
5) Anything metal or glass
6) Mom's coach purse
7) Keys
For any of the above, he'll scramble on his elbows at remarkable speed to secure it!

Aha, I caught the lotion bottle! Now I'm going to eat it.

No comments:
Post a Comment