Monday, February 13, 2006

More teeth and a proper crawl


Here's our little man cheesing for the camera. He has six teeth now -- the top two, which seem so huge compared to his bottom two, and the newly surfaced upper lateral incisors. He's going to have a full set of chompers before we know it! All the better to chew his daily doses of barley, meat (mmm... chicken), pears, peaches, prunes, and potato. He's doing much better with solid food now that he's older and now that I've cut down on dairy and nuts. We're realizing he may be ready to wean around 12 months. Already he's showing so much more interest in real food than the milk I make for him! I know I'll be a little sad when I do wean him, but we've had such a lovely year (almost) of frequent nursings and I'll always remember that. Plus, there's so much to look forward to after weaning. Exercise! Ice cream sundaes! Spicy Indian food! :-)


Ronan giving Papa his "So what are you going to do about it?" look

So about two weeks ago, Ronan started doing a proper crawl. We were shocked! He was getting around pretty fast with his commando crawl, but perhaps he decided he was wasting too much energy dragging his belly all over the floor. So he's now up on all fours, and sometimes on his feet! He loves pulling himself up on the coffee table and the chairs, but he's still very wobbly and ends up slipping or flailing down onto his derriere. What a cutie!

He continues to get into everything that he can open -- cupboards, doors, trash cans... Below is the "Raccoon Series."


I can't open the super-strength kitchen bin (yet!) but I can rummage through the recycling bag... Old cereal boxes are tasty and it sure is fun to shake all the cereal bits out onto the floor.


Ronan investigates the cake mixer...


Where are the brownies, Ma?


Tupperware shmupperware. Show me the fun stuff!

1 comment:

The Ertl Family said...

Ronan is growing so fast! I love checking in to see how you guys are all doing. It's so nice to keep up with you guys and see pictures galore! I'll see you soon, as my office-visit is right around the corner now. Beautiful! - Jeanine