Ronan remains over the moon about his soon-to-arrive baby brother, which makes it so much easier for us to talk about getting ready for him. He can't wait to show his brother his toys and to carry him. Utterly sweet! When he sees clothes or shoes that no longer fit him, he says, "That's for my baby brother!" He's also quite keen on Mommy "getting skinny after baby brother comes out of your tummy." Hmm, I guess the pressure is on. ;-)
As far as preparations, we've had to do very little compared to our first time around, but I've still been nesting like crazy this past week. Finding space for another child in our little home has been an interesting adventure, prompting us to donate tons of old clothes, shoes, and toys in order to make room for the infant items -- bouncer, crib, baby clothes, etc. Having another little boy means being able to reuse most of Ronan's clothes and toys, which is a HUGE help since we are strapped for space.
After a slightly more complicated pregnancy (low-lying placenta, or marginal placenta previa), it's a bit strange to suddenly be "in the clear" for a normal labor and birth. I was so sure I'd have a scheduled c-section in early January and I was getting quite comfortable with the idea of knowing exactly when I'd give birth. I guess the surprising migration of my placenta out of the way (a good thing!) has made these past few weeks feel so long. I'm happy, of course, to be able to attempt a regular birth as I did with Ronan, but it means now that I just have to wait for those good ol' contractions to start the natural way. It could be this week or next week, but hopefully not too much longer after that. We really want to meet our new little guy!
By the way, it looks like baby will be just as big as Ronan (7.5 - 8 lbs), despite the docs telling me all along that he'll be a small one!
Here are some last few pics of our family of three. (I'm the "invisible yet all too visible" one who's ready to pop!)

The ship's captain at the Children's Discovery Museum

All aboard!!! (It works for ships and trains, apparently)

Wow, the ship has a bell just like the Polar Express. It's Ronan's lucky day!

Daddy and Ronan up high at Lookout Cove


9 months and counting... We'll meet you soon, baby brother!

No comments:
Post a Comment