Monday, April 07, 2008

First train set

Not being a boy (and never having been a tomboyish girl), the allure of trains is completely new to me. But most boys we know have fallen under the charm of Trains in a big way, and many men I've spoken to recently reminisce about their childhood train sets with an ardor akin to romance. It's amazing! So we treated Ronan to his first train set -- a Thomas set with a bridge, ascending tracks, and a repair shop -- for his birthday and he does indeed love it very much. (And I was very proud of myself for putting together my first train set too!)


The Conductor himself


Wow...


I think a train set may be the doll house for boys. Lots of fodder for imaginary situations and interactions among key characters, except the characters are rail vehicles with names like "S.C. Ruffey," "Edward," and "Culdee."






Ronan watching Thomas chug along.


Our friend Rob gave us a Flip video camera to commemorate our newest family member. Here's Ronan and the Flip (he's taken dozens of short videos already!). Thanks, Rob! :-)

1 comment:

Rob said...

let's see 'em! :)