
Callum turned one on January 29, 2009! I'm not into astrology but I find it funny that his Aquarian horoscope that day read: "There’s no reason you should be rolling with the punches now. Instead, scoot on to a supportive environment. It’s not enough to go where your ideas are not squelched. Go where your every whim will be celebrated." He's our Scootie Patootie and he's one!
We celebrated first at his preschool, with party hats, fruit, and singing. Then on the 31st we had a fun family/friends celebration for him at home, with catering from La Med for the adults and pizza for the kids, lots of balloons, party favors, and a big Winnie the Pooh birthday cake from Draeger's. I think Callum felt celebrated, happy, and incredibly exhausted!

Preschool party for Callum. I made him two birthday shirts on zazzle.com.

Fun with teacher Dora




Callum and teacher Suji

Birthday buggy ride with Suji and friends

These are some funny shots that Grandma Kathy took of us that evening. Both kids took turns making funny faces and lurching out of our arms.



Callum and pal Calista at his big birthday party

Ronan, Scott, and Calista

Callum holding a ginormous balloon, right before it popped!

Mommy, Daddy, and the birthday boy

The spread

Callum's first birthday cake



Blowing out the candle!


Ronan remembered Papa Jack donning two party hats at his third birthday party in Sausalito, and he recreated the look at Callum's party.

Matt and Veronica, pre-baby!

Auntie Pat, Grandma Kathy, and Callum

Papa Jack, Callum, and Daddy - three generations of Bennetts

Sweet


Uncle Edmundo and Callum. I love this series of shots.




After the birthday boy went to bed, Uncle Mundo and Papa Jack read bedtime stories to Ronan. What a perfect evening!


No comments:
Post a Comment