Tuesday, September 18, 2007

And it will be....

The Brothers Bennett!!!

We're thrilled to add, yes, even more testosterone to our household. Last week at our 19 week ultrasound we learned that Ronan's little sibling is a little boy. Yay! It was a surprise even though we both had hunches that Ronan would have a brother. It was precious to see the baby move around in 3D, his heart pumping, his arms up by his face.


Here's precious little boy #2 at 13 weeks. The 19-week pics are a little smushed-looking as I was having a contraction during the whole exam!

I think he'll be a very different boy from Ronan, as this pregnancy has been vastly different. Intense morning sickness, less weight gain... and oh yeah, a "low-lying placenta." We're hoping as baby's home expands, the placenta will move a little upwards (away from the cervix), allowing for an easier delivery. Thank goodness for ultrasounds, otherwise we would never have known about this possible little wrinkle. The baby seems healthy and it will be so wonderful to finally meet him next Feb.!

Ronan is absolutely in love with his little bro-in-the-womb. He puts his face against my tummy and squeals, "Awww!! So CUUUUTE!!!" and talks about how he wants his little brother to "stop hiding!" and come out so that he can play with him and carry him. We ask him what we should name the baby, and guess what he says? "RONAN," of course. Or "LITTLE BOY."

I think Ronan will be a terrific and imaginative big brother. The great thing about 2.5 year olds is their incredible, creative minds and I can only imagine how much more interesting he'll be at age 3 when the new one arrives! When Ronan isn't pretending to be a mechanic, fixing his car (aka, the coffee table) with a screwdriver, he's a very busy policeman, surprising everyone (he doesn't know the difference between bad people and good people yet, sweet love) with a happy "Stop! Police man is here!" and shining his giant flashlight in our faces. He's also fond of playing "cement truck" with us, which means we lie down on the couch while he "pours" cement from the pipe (our leg), then climbs into the truck (on top of our chest), puts on his imaginary gloves, hat, glasses, jacket, and seat belt, puts the key into the ignition (our ear), drives the cement truck to the next destination, and gets out to unload the cement from the truck. This is repeated over and over again until we're tired of being the cement truck.

I can't wait to see our boys playing together, growing up together, hopefully becoming great friends. I know you can't force that kind of closeness, but we will try our hardest to be an open, loving family and teach the kids to be kind (to each other too!). I always thought same-gender siblings who were best friends were so cool.

So here's to more fun, excitement, sweetness, exuberance, and humor as we get ready for Bennett Boy Numero Deux!

2 comments:

The Ertl Family said...

Congratulations! I've been awaiting the official word on your blog that you were indeed pregnant...we are so excited for your family! And another boy!
I hope everything is going well. It sounds like things are settling into a routine there with Ronan enjoying school, but I hope you can work something out for you and your commute. Pregnancy #2 was an entirely different beast for me, so I can definitely relate to the exhaustion. Take care of yourselves! - Jeanine & Family

Anonymous said...

GEN!! CHRISTIAN!! WOW, how did I miss this? Congrats! I'm psyched - 3 babies in the family this year! More updates - due date! Yippeee, yeah!